The following is a Cingular ATG(R) eServer solution:ID: KB43397Goal
Accessing browser settings on the Siemens SX66Fact
Microsoft Pocket PC 2003 Phone EditionSymptom
The APN will need to be set first, to ensure connection.
- Tap Start.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the Connections tab.
- Tap the Connections icon.
- Tap the Tasks tab.
- Tap Edit my proxy server.
- Verify settings:
|Check "This network connects to the Internet."|
|Uncheck "this network uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet".|
- Tap OK.
- Tap the Advanced tab.
- Tap Select networks.
- Choose "MEdia Net" or "GPRS Connection" from the dropdown bar.
||Note: If "MEdia Net" or "GPRS Connection" doesn't appear as an option:|
- Tap New.
- Input "MEdia Net"
- Tap the Modem tab.
- Enter a name for the connection and select "Cellular Line (GPRS) as the Modem. Tap Next.
- Enter the appropriate APN. Tap Next.
- Enter the associated username and password. tap Finish.
- Tap the Proxy settings tab.
- Verify "This network connects to the Internet" is checked.
- Tap OK.
- Tap OK twice.
If problem persists, please contact Cingular Customer Care.
Access Point Name.
Thank you for contacting Cingular Wireless. Please do not reply to this automated message. If the solution you have received (above) does not satisfy your inquiry, please access the following url: http://support.cingular.com
and enter your question into the field.
Other sources of information on the SX-66 phone:
Forums that could be of some help: